Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Aquarium, or, The Scariest-Yet-Most-Interesting Place on Earth.

We recently went as a family to a place called an aquarium. I have been told that I have visited this location in the past, but I do not recall such an incident. It was a very fun outing, as long as I clung for dear life to Daddy, Mommy, or GrandMommyServant Little.

"Do not let the scary turtle eat me, Daddy."

There were a plethora of photographs taken on the outing, both by Daddy and GrandMommyServant Little.

First, we have moments captured by GrandMommyServant Little.

"That is simultaneously intriguing and disgusting."

"That fishy is far too large, Daddy."


Mommy suggested that I should put my hand onto the glass.


I attempted the feat...


...only to have a much larger fish come along and prove it to be a mistake.

I was mocked for throwing my arms backwards when frightened. These simpletons fail to grasp that, while terrified, I am attempting to make myself appear larger and more menacing to my predators. It seems to be efficacious, as none of these animals got closer than this penguin.


"These are nothing like my penguin toy."


"Ew! That is revolting!"


"Fear not, otter friend: I will free you, and we shall snuggle."


I did not notice the salamander contained beyond this transparent wall until it was too late.


"Return hither, fishy, that I may play with and teeth on you."


"What is this place to which you have taken me?"


"It goes up there, too? This is too much."


"That is a pretty fishy. May I teeth on that one?"

This next set of moments were captured by Daddy.


"You better stay on the other side of this transparent wall, Sir Fishy."


"Is that another fishy? How many are there contained in this House of Horrors?"


"From whence did you come?"


"You are kidding yourself if you believe those are the same animals."


"The penguins are now up there. How did this occur?"


"I am not entirely convinced that this wall is structurally sound."


"No matter what you may say, GrandMommyServant Little, those jelly fishies do not appear well. Rest in peace, odd globules of nothingness."


"I am laughing because, while I do not comprehend this penguin keeper's jokes, nobody else is laughing, and I would like him to feel better."


"Listen here, fishies: I am now your princess. I rule over you. Bow to me."


None of these fishies agreed to be teethed upon.


"I do not trust this stingray. I believe it will move again soon. I shall grip Mommy just as a preemptive measure."


Mommy appears more amazed by whatever it is were were gazing upon than me.


Same with GrandMommyServant Little in this photograph, although this shows how firm I held my grip. It is a thin line between the two evils: Being Unsafe and Cuddling.


It is a good thing that I was distracted by something across the room...


...because that leviathan behind me would have affrighted me.


"Greetings, fishy. Jeepers, he just continues to grow in size, does he not?


 "I shall chew on my finger for comfort."


"Hello, children! Mommy, whatever it is that you are doing with my head, I implore you to cease."


"Why did we not simply go to an aquarium of children?"


"I do not know upon what you are gazing, GrandMommyServant Little, but there are children over here that are more worth your while."


"Yes, I would gladly chew upon your finger for comfort as I watch these sharkies, GrandMommyServant Little."

No comments:

Post a Comment