Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Amen to That!

Before every meal, Mommy and Daddy pray over their food. Prayers, under these circumstances, appear to be an appeal to God to cover any flaw in their cooking which could cause bodily harm, masking it with a brief expression of gratitude and other pleas. While I may not fully grasp the purpose for the prayers, I am mainly concerned that it distracts them from their primary priority, which is to give me their incessant attention. They both take turns saying the main body of the prayer. Occasionally they offer me to say the prayer, but I just stare at them, silently informing them of their insanity.


They also will attempt to have me "fold my arms." If i am unwilling to keep my feet underneath the tray of my throne, I do not see how they believe that I will be willing to voluntarily bind my own arms together. The part of the tradition in which I do feel comfortable participating is at the end when they say, in unison, "Amen." 


No comments:

Post a Comment