Tuesday, May 12, 2015

One Year Older and Still the Wisest, Part III: Party

The celebration for my birthday was quite a regal affair. Many people came from all across the kingdom and, most importantly gave me presents. My family decorated quite splendidly.

Look at all of that pink. How beauteous!


Photographs of myself: a common household item.

I was not impressed, however, that half of the room was shared with Daddy.


They stuck some frightening character beside a wondrous collage of my face.


What, pray tell, are those colors? They certainly are not pink, purple, or any of those acceptable colors.

The joke, I suppose you could say, was on Daddy, as everyone delivered presents to me, but all I ever saw him receive were rectangular pieces of paper and plastic. Serves him right for attempting to intrude upon my party.

I mistakenly believed that this box was the toy, and began leaving with it. Apparently, I was incorrect, but it was fun to slide across the floor.

"This present is delightful. What is that? There are more? That is fine, I shall get to it after I am done with this toy." They did not listen to my requests, and ripped it from my hands. I believe. I do not know quite for sure, as I forgot about the present almost immediately.

"Excuse me! Yes, you, Miss. I see that you did not deliver a gift to me. If you would kindly bestow one upon me now, I will not need to bite your ankles."

Sadly, this copy of the Book of Mormon is not quite as destructible as the others I have held.

The best part of the entire night was being allowed to crawl wherever I pleased and playing tag with my suitor. 

"Now remember, the purpose of this game is that you shall always let me win."

No comments:

Post a Comment