Monday, May 11, 2015

One Year Older and Still the Wisest, Part II: Haircut

Before my party was allowed to commence, I was tortured in a ceremony commonly referred to as a haircut. I believe this to be some sort of rite of passage into my first year of life. As I do not even grasp the concept of "years", this ritual went, colloquially speaking with a pun, over my head. Here are photographs to document my abuse.

"Why are we in here, Daddy?" This photograph was titled a "Before Shot." As I was not shot, I do not understand this moniker. 

"What did you say you are going to do to me? No, Kaley would never do that to me." She did.

"This food is delicious, but does not excuse your betrayal, GrandServant."

GrandMommyServant then produced a book that I was able to read.

It was effective, but it did not reduce my distaste for the experience. I did my best to convey that through facial expressions.

While blurry, this photograph conveys the feeling of the whole experience better than any of the other photographs.

"My hair may be beautiful, but you have still betrayed me."

I needed to receive something called a "trim" later, which resulted in this photograph and an oft repeated joke "How many people does it take to cut a baby's hair?" They never said the punchline, though, so I am nonplussed as to why they laughed every time.


1 comment:

  1. Jan and I think the "cut" is CUTE! How many did it take?

    ReplyDelete