Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Baby Sitters Are Neither Babies Nor Do They Sit

I know not why, but ofttimes my parental units abandon me in the care of strangers. I am also unaccustomed to the concept of "time off". To me, it appears to be an excuse to shirk responsibilities. Another possibility may be that these people are simply requesting a chance to be graced with my presence. That is acceptable as long as they are not paid, as my presence is payment enough. As of yet, they have always returned, so I find little reason to file a verbal grievance regarding their absence. It is well that they return, as I care not to train new hires. These strangers with whom my parents leave me are called babysitters. When Mommy and Daddy first spoke of babysitters, I imagined this:


Luckily for me, they do not sit on my chest. Luckily for them, I do not sit on theirs. I do all I can to be a gracious hostess (or if I, perchance, am being babysat in their castle, I am a kind guest) to these people. You may consider this foolish, but I trust that Mommy and Daddy have run full analyses on these individuals' histories. What I do not understand, however, is to where do these babysitters depart after I am in bed? Worse yet, do my parental units desert me in the care of babysitters when I am already in bed? I wish not to theorize conspiracies, but I believe I may have heard another's voice while I am in bed but NOT Mommy nor Daddy. Alas, this skepticism is unfounded, and just as unlikely as Mommy and Daddy paying these individuals to come play with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment