Wednesday, May 13, 2015

One Year Older and Still the Wisest, Part IV: Cake Smash

Finally, I must report on the Cake Smash. This, perhaps, is the oddest tradition of the birthday ritual - even stranger than presents, sitting in a large auditorium watching people whom I have never met walk across a stage, and even stranger than the haircut (but less traumatizing). While my audience watched, I was stripped down to my nappy and placed on some very uncomfortable carpet with a cake on a pedestal before me. Everyone then stepped back and watched. I performed my usual tricks, yet nobody seemed to care. After some prodding, I eventually realized what I must do: tilt the cake off of the pedestal. The audience did not appreciate that. Then I began eating it. It was good, but I would have preferred a utensil, or a servant to feed it to me. Here is the video. I believe the audience does enough commentary, but I do put on quite a good show, do I not?



No comments:

Post a Comment