Monday, April 20, 2015

Feeding Myself, Part I: The Mess

Mommy and Daddy have been allowing me to eat more without their help as of late. I am still not fully acquainted with the concept, but I am getting there. Sometimes I wait for them to feed me, but when I catch onto the concept, I leap right in. While these photographs are quite messy, you must understand that I still eat in quite a dainty fashion, by pinching the smallest amount of food that I can between my thumb and forefinger and gently inserting it into my mouth. The issue with messiness arises when I touch my face or clothes or their clothes afterwards. What I cannot stand, however, is the audacity of my parental units, who believe that it is appropriate to wipe my face with a cloth when my face is dirty.

"Hello Daddy. I am being messy."

"I came. I ate. I conquered."

"Yes, Mommy? Do you mind just feeding me - what do you call this? Macaroni and cheese? - Yes, can you just feed me macaroni and cheese for every meal from here on out? That would be delightful, thank you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment