Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The Pad of Splashing, Part I: Attack of the Harmless Spray

Mommy and Daddy took me on another date with the boy I have courted in the past to a pad of splashing. I knew not the meaning of "pad of splashing", nor why it was requisite for me to be covered in goo beforehand, but I was quite pleased when he arrived. Although I had not taken a nap I so desperately deserved, I behaved quite well.

"Well hello there, handsome!"

Sadly our bellies made it quite difficult to get close to one another.

He attempted to get possessive of this wall, but I would have none of it.

"Why did we drive all of this way simply to walk?"

We then made our way to the pad of splashing, but I was not amused. There was water in the air and it was cold. I know not how my parental units could assume that if I did not appreciate cold water when it was in a large pool that I would be fond of it if it was flying through the air.

"I appreciate not this pad, Daddy. May we depart?"

"Fabulous! The water has departed!"

"Yes, this is not so bad after all!"

"Never you mind what I just stated, Female Parental Unit; please come save me!"

Daddy must have severely misread my vehement verbal explanations of my distaste of the water jets, for he carried me through many more sprays of droplets until I was soaked. Thankfully, the water finally turned off, so we went to the nearby park. I enjoyed sliding down the slide on Daddy's lap, but otherwise I just wanted to watch my suitor run amok.

"Yes, I believe I would appreciate a hug, thank you very much!"

"Oh goodness no, young sir!" 

"No thank you!"

"I wonder what my suitor is doing at this moment."

"This wall is mine, and mine alone!"

"I hope that person yonder does not attempt to purloin my edifice!"

Pausing for a snack was a deliciously confusing break from the terror.


"If I have a goldfish in this hand, and a puff in this hand, how may I be able to grasp yet another? Hmmm..." Worry not, for I found a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment