Friday, June 19, 2015

My Excitement for New Additions to the Family, Such as Books and...

I am always excited to receive new books. Here I am, explaining my excitement to Mommy and Daddy regarding a new book I recently received.



On my birthday, however, I received a book that for which the GrandServants appeared to show even greater excitement.









It was, to be quite candid, a fairly frightening reaction. Mommy and the GrandMommyServants rushed to read me my new book.



I do not understand why all of the elation is necessary. Perhaps you may understand better if you saw the cover.


"Can you explain this to me, dear reader?"

This book seems to have come with a matching blouse.

I must apologize, I am being facetious. I, of course, understand what is happening: My family is gaining a new servant!

"I am so funny!"

As this book explains exceedingly well, this servant will be quite helpless when it first arrives. I am still fairly nonplussed as to how this servant is supposed to be arriving, though, as Mommy keeps speaking of the baby being inside Mommy's tummy. She also will take my dollies, stick them underneath her shirt, and then have me retrieve the dollies. She also will state that the new servant will materialize in the form of a baby, which, as far as I can tell, is a miniature human that is fun to poke. So I keep a diurnal vigil over Mommy, awaiting the time when an infant will present his- or herself beneath one of Mommy's shirts, during which time it will be my responsibility to fetch said servant. This appears to be the sole reasonable explanation, no matter its implausibility.

When I first learned of the new servant's coming, I chose the most selfless reaction, and immediately became a far more difficult and demanding monarch. Mommy and Daddy did not appear to appreciate this reaction, but it was for their own benefits. You see, I was quite aware as a baby that I was exceedingly more kind to my parental units than other infants were to theirs. Thus, I needed to test them to see if they were truly prepared for the challenge which lay ahead. You will be pleased to note that they passed, and I have thus reverted to being my benevolent self. Now, kindly excuse me while I return to my studies.

"So, you expect me to be serve the servant when he or she first arrives? Simply because he or she will be a helpless infant?"

"We shall see about that."






1 comment:

  1. Woohoo, congratulations!!!! We had the "you're getting a little brother" version of this book for Daisy, and it was awesome. Especially because it warned "you better watch out or he'll pee in your eye!" Hahaha. I hope Ellie's benevolence does not continue to "improve" any further, for your sakes! So happy for you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete