Sunday, June 21, 2015

Daddy's Day and My First Attempt at Poetry



In honor of Daddy's day, I am making Mommy transcribe for me in my blog so we can let Daddy rest. I am still not sure why he considers constant wrestling me with "tiring" and "exhausting" as he says, but nonetheless, I shall let him take a break and make Mommy write for me. 

As a Princess, I have learned that I need to be skilled in many different aspects of life. I am too small to try Pony Riding and Archery, yet I am already a pro at Poise and Diplomatic Negotiations (AKA crying until they give in). And Mommy says I am already a Drama Queen, so I guess I am covered in the Drama department. I have decided that in honor of Daddy's Day, I would attempt a new skill known as Poetry. Mommy says it is sophisticated and classy, so I am positive that I will excel on my first attempt.

My First Poem in Honor of Daddy's Day

Daddy oh Daddy, my dearest friend
Who changes my bum and wipes my rear end
He tickles my toesies with his beard
And I have accepted that he is quite weird
Mommy says that I am a Daddy's Girl
Which makes sense, because Daddy is my whole world
My stylish Daddy who always wears ties
Who wears nice glasses, so he must be wise
He patiently teaches me to read and to swim
If I want to play wildly, I usually go to him
I love to attack him when he is asleep
I cuddle on his shoulder when I feel I must weep
I will give you my Princessy smiles every day
And try to be like you in every way
He is a great royal photographer and writer, too
Daddy, you're the best, and I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment