Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Art Connoisseur

I have become quite a connoisseur of art as of late. While wandering the hallways of the chapel I see many paintings and have a large selection of art-filled books. The paintings in the Church, specifically, seem to have misled me, as until recently I believed that Jesus had a homonym which also meant artwork. I am quite sophisticated, spending my day reading and admiring the pieces presented in said books and placed on the walls. Here I am admiring artwork sent to me by my dear cousins.


"The lack of color upon this portrait appears to represent the emptiness in each of us."

"I doubt that this was created by a child."


"I am being facetious! Of course I knew the painting was on the opposite side!"

Just because I am precocious does not mean that I am incapable of humor as well. I suppose I must end this entry with a detail of what I most appreciate in artwork. Invariably the most important quality any piece of art must contain is a transparent barrier between oneself and the painting so that I may see my reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment