Monday, June 1, 2015

Rides in My Carriage

Carriage rides are, perhaps, the most peculiar oddity I am faced with on a daily basis. Each time we go on a ride, I am placed within a room around which the world moves. I am grateful to be outside of the castle and view my beauteous kingdom, yet I am still unsure as to whether or not I enjoy these rides. On each occasion, I am forcibly strapped into a torture device. This device restricts my movements from moving about the cabin. There are no places within the carriage to which I would like to travel aside from the mirror. I, of course, always look incredible, and it is nearly impossible for me to resist giving my likeness a kiss. The ride itself is quite nice, but Mommy and Daddy often cause the rides to go much longer than is necessary. I know not why we cannot go to the same places without necessitating such a long time of restraint, or skipping the entire carriage ride altogether. Either way, my verbal complaints over all carriage rides taking longer than I would appreciate appear to be ignored.

"How wonderful. Another ride in the carriage."

"Thank you, Father, for this toy. I will allow this to appease me for the next few moments, and then throw it out of reach and protest vehemently for its return."


No comments:

Post a Comment