Monday, December 22, 2014

That's What Christmas is All About, Princess Ellie

Alright, citizens, I believe I finally have gained some understanding regarding this holiday of Christmas. It seems to make the most sense out of all of the holidays I have celebrated as of yet. GrandMommyServant explained it to me by reading me a book.


"This book is implying that the world existed before me. I do not understand."

She also gave me a special group of toys that are called, altogether, a nativity.


"I am understanding everything else...but what was the sheep's role in the Savior's birth?"

The first time that I was given the nativity, I did my best to organize it.


I apologize for all of the noise, we were watching a program with a considerable amount of music. Somebody was talking and not allowing the singing to occur, so I filled in for them.

Let me explain this story to you the way that I understand it:
There is a King even more powerful than me (this was the hardest part for me to grasp. It took time, but I came to terms with it.). He has this Son, Jesus, who was born, just like me, but in circumstances surprisingly unbecoming of the Son of such a great King.

This is a representation of Him in the nativity I have. Mommy and Daddy tease about me biting Him, but if it was so sacrilegious, why did they make Him bite size?

He was the rightful king of the land He lived in, but He was not terribly worried about all of that (which is, to me, the most remarkable personality trait about Him). He spent all of His life serving others until He died (a concept I do not grasp yet) and then came back to life so that way people who are imperfect (unlike me) could repent, come back to life, and return to live with their Heavenly Daddy again. He is quite a fantastic fellow. This is, of course, not the first time my parents have spoken to me about Him, but this is most definitely the most memorable (and most photographed).

This is of fairly great import, as it explains why everyone celebrates by putting up trees, decorating their houses, giving me presents (since He is not currently here, that makes me the greatest monarch in the world, so I will gladly receive presents in His place), and accepting a bearded gentleman to enter their castles via the fireplace, when the rest of the year that would most likely end in calling the guards to apprehend such an intruder. This also puts meaning to the worship services we attend each Sunday. I now understand why it is acceptable for me to miss my beauty naps on that day so others can worship the Highest Ranking Monarch and revel in my presence, the Highest Ranking Monarch Currently on the Earth.

Yet I still fail to comprehend the purpose of that anthropomorphized snowman, Frosty....

No comments:

Post a Comment