Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Beauty Sleep for Sleeping Beauty

Mommy and Daddy have been commenting on my habit as of late of not complaining about waking up in an empty room, and I feel that I should explain.

Of course, I have not ever been much of one to complain. I know that many of my entries do cover the topic of me issuing grievances, but I am, believe it or not, exceptionally happy and content for a princess my age. I only make a fuss when it is absolutely necessary. I will, for instance, express my discontent with being held for too long, but will not do so unnecessarily for something menial such as having my eyes covered by a bow. When being pushed around in my pram, Mommy and Daddy have to be told by complete strangers that my bow has fallen over my eyes, as I do not believe it is worth the effort to inform them of this unfortunate event. Here is a picture of me when I was a mere infant, not being upset about my eyes being covered.

I am the Princess of the Pirates. Give me your booty or I will cute you! Arrrr!

I have, since then, transferred this on to other portions of my life as well. Here is how I typically look when my parents come to get me from my nap.

"Oh, hello, there! What have you been doing? I have just been here, being cute."

Now that I have set the scene, now let me elaborate why I behave in such a way. Mommy has said that when I am particularly vocal in my distress, she has found it difficult to accomplish the tasks she felt she needed to accomplish on my behalf. As such, I have decided instead to allow her to serve me better and not distract her from serving me with needless explanations of my discontent. 

I also sometimes get so distracted by my hands as to forget to call for my servants. I know that I have attempted to explain how fascinating my hands are, but I do not believe you understand how exciting they are.

Furthermore, the longer time in bed helps me be happy and, thus, more beautiful for pictures. Except for my hair.

My beauty sleep sure does pay off, huh?

"You think my hair is crazy, Daddy? You should see yours!"

I do not, however, need "beauty sleep," as I am always at the pinnacle of beauty; yet being more happy is always a bonus for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment