Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Princess Cannot Be Trained to Do Tricks

When my GrandServants were visiting for the Thanksgiving Weekend, my grandma believed she had taught me a new trick. As I have mentioned before, I intentionally do not act for others like some sort of court jester. That is their purpose, not mine. So when Daddy retrieved his camera to record how I was reacting to my grandma's noises, I decidedly halted my actions for a good minute. I could no longer withhold my facial expressions, below is what happened.


As you can tell, they again falsely assumed I was doing it solely for their enjoyment. The true fact is that I was tilting my head to the side, holding my own hand, and smiling, because I was trying to convey the message "Now Grandma, do you not believe it is time to cease those ridiculous noises and feed me already?" The following frames will prove this for you.

"Really, Grandma? You believe this is the proper way to treat a princess?"

And this one from the very last moment of the moving picture.

"Seriously? Are you done yet? I want my food!"

I have done these faces before, as you have seen from photographs of me looking at the toy catalog with my grandma. Yet as you may notice, the similarity between both situations is that I am kindly asking for something. If you ever have the rare opportunity for me to grace you with my presence and see me make this face, kindly deliver on my request or I will no longer ask nicely. This warning is a sign of my affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment