Thursday, July 30, 2015

Phrases I Understand

I am becoming increasingly knowledgeable in the language of the adults, although I am more capable of understanding this language than I am with speaking it. Here are some phrases I can comprehend:

Do a barrel roll! - Spin around in circles with my arms above my head. I believe Daddy was intending for me to roll across the floor, but I am far too pristine of a princess to do such a careless endeavor.


Body slam Grandpa! - I must immediately sprawl across GrandDaddyServant and burrow my head into his shoulder. This must not be confused with a snuggle. They have no similarities.

Where is your head? - For reasons I am unaware, Mommy and Daddy inexplicably lose capabilities to recognize portions of my body. When this happens, they begin asking me repeatedly to locate these portions of my body. If I cannot yet understand which body part they are attempting to find, they will point to their own body parts to show me where I can find them on my own body. How it is that they are able to locate their head when they cannot find mine is beyond my abilities.

For any other question, I simply nod my head.

Book - The square objects which contain images and which others point at while saying nonsense. I have learned to do the same

Baby - the toys that appear to be lifeless versions of myself. I do all I can to care for these babies in the same way that I would like to be treated, namely by kissing, hugging, carrying around, and ensuring no articles of clothing are ever left upon their bodies.

Go get ___ and take it to ____. - This is a fairly simple task, and as my servants do so much for me, I believe it a little service to return the favor.

Blow a kiss! or Give a kiss! - This is a formal greeting I provide by clapping my hand over my...well, I am unsure of the body part I clap my hand over, but it is just below my nose.

Let's go! - This signifies that a departure is occurring. Mommy and Daddy assume this always includes me, but if I am perfectly content in my current location, I wave to them and walk away.

Kitties - Scan my surroundings frantically for kitties, for they must be nearby, and I must point at them.

No no! That's not for Ellie! - This phrase has different meanings depending on who is uttering it. If it is from everyone other than Daddy, it means that I must not touch whatever it is that I am about to touch or have already grabbed. I will then hesitate, internally debating whether or not I should comply. Most often I do, but then ask whether the similar object beside the original one is appropriate for grabbing.

"I cannot touch this leaf?"

"...but what about THIS leaf??"

If Daddy is saying the phrase, I am to giggle and repeat the act.

No comments:

Post a Comment