Sunday, February 15, 2015

Peekaboo

One of my favorite activities a month to two months ago was a game called peekaboo. It was a magical game in which somebody would disappear, either by their own devices or through my supernatural abilities. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing people vanish from being directly in front of me. I was disappointed, however, when, just moments later, they would reappear. I tried to have a pleasant reaction, nevertheless, and try again, but Daddy noticed. He once commented on how odd it was that I was far more excited when he would disappear behind a couch then when he would reappear from behind it. The former elucidated a grandiose guffaw from me, while the latter only received a kind chuckle. Everybody enjoyed the game when I began being the one to control their fate, even if it was for a brief moment.




Part of my learning on how to do this previously documented illusion was from an anthropomorphic bear my Great-GrandServantMommy Gates gave to me. Periodically, she comes to life and lifts a blanket in front of her face. The bear, not the GrandServant. I was so startled by this at first, but came to love it. Which is when I deemed the blanket to be mine and ripped it from her possessive grasp.


No comments:

Post a Comment