Friday, September 1, 2017

Road Trip Day 7: Y is for BYU!

We went to a mystical land: BYU. Mommy and Daddy have been telling us about it since as long as I can remember, but I now realize it was in completely ambiguous statements. I knew it to be a place of learning and where they had fallen in love, but that was very little information at all. In fact, it is a land of many buildings, but I only went into two. Based on my observation, I saw very little learning happening, unless adults learn mostly through shopping, eating, and walking through a maze of monstrous buildings. Despite this confusing environment, I nevertheless fully enjoyed the excursion. Mommy, Daddy, MDS, Baby Brother, and I all got new clothes. Daddy even got a new hat, but refused to get me one. I avenge myself by insisting to constantly taking off his hat and laughing at him.

"I wonder if I would look better in this one or the one over there..."

We met the mascot, Cosmo, who was a frighteningly frozen, giant, anthropomorphic cat. Unlike My Fearless Dear Sister, I refused to get on his lap.

"If I say cheese, can I get away from this thing?"

"Excuse me, sir, would you kindly refrain from eating me or my soul?"

I see little cause for excitement about that "cougar" when there was a real one petrified behind glass. I could have squealed and pointed at him all day long.


These people really have something with big kitties. I do, too, as long as they do not wear clothes.

"Excuse me, My Dear Sister, but see you not that there is an anthropomorphic kitty on these stairs?"

It was all well, however, as we, yet again, ate fries dipped in catsup, a delicacy, followed by some ice cream. I know not the reason for it always being served so cold, as the experience would most definitely be improved by it being warmer, but I am willing to look beyond the discomfort for chocolate. The food alone, the people to watch, and the focus on kitties are enough reasons for me to wish to attend as Mommy and Daddy did.


We then visited one of the babies that were younger-yet-bigger than me that I had met a few days previously. How this came to be is beyond me, and has left me questioning whether the long drives were quite so necessary.

If she is here, but was there, and we were there, where was there? Was it here? The drive here was so short, but the drive from there was so long...

That evening we ate macaroni and cheese or, as I call it, "CHEESE!" at a nearby restaurant with some old friends before returning to our cousin's residence and going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment