Thursday, September 7, 2017

Camping

Mommy, Daddy, MDS, my cousins, and I all went camping recently. Camping is where one voluntarily sleeps without all of the comforts of home in a small, bouncy house called a tent. I do not know if my position in the matter can be considered voluntary, as I had no previous understanding of what was going to occur, but I nevertheless loved the experience. On the first day, Daddy arrived home from work, the car was packed, and we drove a fairly short distance to a campground. Daddy immediately set up the tent. I did my best to be helpful.


Tents are delightful centers of cuddling and amusingly unstable floors. Once constructed, my cousins and I had a considerable amount of fun bouncing on the floors and snuggling.

"I find this quite enjoyable."

One of the main rules of the tents, however, were that we could not wear shoes inside them. This was disappointing, as I typically only enjoy wearing shoes inside.

"Shoes!"

Camping also includes, just like everything else with these parents of mine, a considerable amount of waiting for food.

"We have to wait how much longer?"

When the food did come, it was delicious, and was cooked in quite an unusual way. I, again, did my best to be helpful.


I ate two hot dogs. We also cooked marshmallows over the fire and combined them with chocolate and crackers. It was messy, but delectable. After getting ready for bed, we all climbed back into the bouncy houses. Mommy, Daddy, and MDS all wished to sleep, but I found this concept appalling with all the fun that could be had. So while they lay there I bounced and giggled and tickled and crawled and cuddled and had the time of my life. Eventually, I pooped, and was taken out to be changed. Daddy took me on a cuddle walk, and when we returned, MDS fell asleep. Daddy soon did, too, but I kept going for awhile longer until I, too, fell asleep on Mommy. During the night, shuffled from person to person, ensuring I got to sleep cuddling with everybody in the tent. I awoke for awhile in the middle of the night with a good amount of gas. Daddy says it was due to me eating the two hot dogs, but I see no way that something that delicious could hurt me so. I awoke the next morning before the others, and Daddy again took me on a walk. He showed me a device that makes a very interesting noise. He took me to get some things called discs to throw at the noisemaker as part of some odd sport, but I got distracted by my cousins waking up. 



We played the rest of the morning and even went on a walk to see nature. I love nature; the animals, the trees, and the rocks are all so very fascinating. I am even okay with the dirt and the grass, as long as I am not expected to touch them. 


When we eventually returned home, we immediately had tubbies and I napped for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment