Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Nursery

I thought things were going so well for me at church. I would spend the first bit of time cuddling and playing with Mommy, Daddy, and MDS while a large room of people adored me and I played peekaboo with them. Then Daddy and I would play in other rooms with people until we went home. It was quite the perfect arrangement. Then, one day, Daddy took me to a room full of other children, toys, and excitement. It was horrifying. He then tried to leave me there. It was not acceptable. My first time there, he escaped for a long while at the end, and I swore to never let him leave again. I demanded him to sit on the ground and so that I could sit on his legs and pin him down for all of the times since then. The first church day after the road trip, however, he would no longer sit down, but he did not leave, either. I was instead placated simply by his presence, and allowed myself to venture forth and partake in activities. This resulted in me being tackled to the ground twice. Nevertheless, I still found some enjoyment in the day.



The next day that I attended nursery, I was far more willing to leave Daddy's side and play. If he left, however, I immediately noticed and cried. To his benefit, he would always return. Daddy has been asking MDS to play with me and make me comfortable in nursery every church day, but she always gets so involved in playing that she forgets to do this. I cannot blame her, but this day, she did share a doll with me and allowed me to ram my bulldozer into her bus full of schoolchildren, so that was nice. When it came time to have snacks, they asked who would say prayer, and I, of course, raised my hand emphatically. Another boy asked first, however, and Daddy told my teachers that I never actually said anything when I ask to say a prayer which, while true, was embarrassing. After the prayer, I followed my nursery-mates around the moving wall to get some snacks. Some time after snacks had begun, I realized that Daddy had disappeared, and went to find him. MDS helped, but she was not as upset as I was when I found him to have disappeared. I was comforted by being told we were going on a walk to find him. We never did find him, but I enjoyed the walk and the subsequent singing time. When Daddy did return, I furrowed my brow and walked past him to Mommy. I may be enjoying my time in nursery without him present, but I need never admit that to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment