Friday, September 1, 2017

Road Trip Day 8: Square Temple

The next day, after I woke up unnecessarily early to snuggle with Mommy and Daddy, we put on our new BYU apparel. I think I looked pretty good in it myself. While Mommy was showering, and Cousin Hendrick's mommy was away, Daddy was left with us. To keep us happy, he does as he is wont to do, and took many magical pictures of us, including the one below. It is exceedingly fascinating, as I am not a bunny, nor do I have ears such as the ones photographed. From where did they come? These are questions I cannot begin to fathom.


I was quite comfortable at my cousins' house.

Mommy and Daddy then took us to a restaurant where we were promised cheese. The "cheese" were were promised ended up being ACTUAL CHEESE, breaded and fried, and not the macaroni and cheese I assumed. I refused to eat it, and stuck to my grilled cheese and fries.


Look at that excited face, so naive of the disappointment to come.

Mommy and Daddy then took us to a place called Temple Square or, as MDS called it in her prayers that night, "Square Temple." It was a wondrous place, with rocks...


...televisions...



...and large rooms.


One of the main highlights of this outing, however, was seeing a large statue of Jesus. I have seen many photographs, but a statue of this stature is quite something to behold. I like how it felt there.


Mommy asked me to point to Jesus. It was quite an easy test.

The temple itself, MDS and I were informed, was a building into which we could go when we were older. It was quite an impressive castle, however, even if MDS was not able to see one of the brides she was so excited to witness.


Mommy and Daddy made up for us not going inside that castle by taking us to a shop called "The Disney Store." There they had a castle in miniature into which MDS and I could enter. Mommy and Daddy enjoy "shopping," where they purchase nothing, but still have fun. MDS and I do not understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment