Thursday, August 31, 2017

Road Trip Day 5: From Five Boys to Two

The next day, we played more with the boys, toys, and doggy. The doggy, while big, was a good doggy, and I enjoyed testing its patience. From my experiments, I can safely assume that it had an endless supply of patience.



We left the boys all too soon. For a reason I cannot begin to fathom, I had not been allowed to remain in one of the places we stayed for longer than two nights thus far. My pain was soon assuaged, however, by good food, good friends, and good, new clothes. There were even new shoes! How I love shoes!


We, again, entered the carriage where I slept for part of the next trip. We eventually arrived at my cousins' house, Cousin Hendrick and Cousin Theodore. A Papa was there, too! We played and ate and played until bedtime. As we do every night, we read the scriptures, although it was different book than the one to which I am accustomed. I am getting to be more patient with this bedtime routine, reading the scriptures with them and folding my arms for prayer on some nights. I figure it is more fun than my old habit of screaming through the process.


I had been very good and patient with sleeping up until this point, falling asleep quickly and sleeping until morning. This night began the deterioration of my flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment