Monday, August 28, 2017

Desertion Day 1: BEE BEE!

Mommy deserted me for a few days. I was not happy about this decision.





My Dear Sister (MDS) talked me through the experience, however, and that made it all better. As we drove away from the point where Mommy was dropped off, she said, "Ada, are you sad because you miss Mommy?" I nodded. "Ada," she said, "we'll take care of you!" The whole experience was harrowing, but I survived and made the best of it. The first day Mommy left, I spent time with both sets of grandparents. When Daddy got home from work that day, we ate at one grandparents' house, where I got to see kitties and beebees. Beebees, if you are unaware, are little creatures that both fly and crawl and are often found around flowers. While frightened of them, I also find a strange fascination with them. Occasionally, Mommy or Daddy claim that some beebees are not beebees but are, in fact, flecks of dirt, but that does little to assuage my fears.




That night, I got very upset that Mommy had not yet returned. I screamed and pointed at the door, wishing for Mommy to return. With the help of Clifford, however, I was finally able to relax and slept through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment