Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Road Trip Day 1: Misery

After quite a bit of talk about it, my family surprised me by throwing me into our van and whisked me far away from the comfort of my castle. I was not appreciative of this, especially since it started after an already long day. I, of course, complained, and refused to have my pain assuaged by toys for a while. Eventually I calmed down some, but my pain would be aggravated yet again by the sun in my eyes. I wish my family would get a window that would allow me to see moos and mneows and q'acks and tweets but not let in light. Is that so much to ask? When we finally stopped to eat, I was happy as can be just running amok around the restaurant. When our food came, I happily ate, but again returned to my running, chasing MDS and squealing. After we ate, Mommy and Daddy put on a movie about a mermaid, but it also included a shark and a woman with tentacles instead of legs, and I asked for it to be changed. I know that it might sound rude to all of those women out there with tentacles instead of legs, but I have problems with cartoon depictions of anthropoids with features (too many eyes, ears, or other body parts, for example) other than those to which I am accustomed. I know that will make me unpopular with my underwater constituents, but it is how I feel. Fins, however, are acceptable. Anyway, hearing my whimpers of complaint from the backseat, Daddy pulled over and changed it to a more friendly movie until the machine ran out of some invisible substance called "battery power" and I fell asleep. I awoke, screaming, to find us in the dark, parked outside a strange building called a hotel. I was again happy to be released and allowed to run amok in the hotel room until I was placed, happily chatting, into my pack-and-play. Completely exhausted, I talked to MDS until I fell asleep despite being in the same room as my whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment