Friday, January 29, 2016

Compare and Contrast - Ada

I am often hearing Mommy and Daddy make comparisons between Ellie and me. They will say things such as "She looks so much like Ellie!" "She's definitely much louder than Ellie ever was..." "She looks more like Charlie than Ellie did." "Ellie never sprayed pee all over me...." "Ada is more clingy." "Ada is definitively the superior monarch and shall usurp the throne." I find it ill worth their time to draw such comparisons as I am my own person and, while I have yet fond feelings for my sibling, find it degrading. As such, I have done my best to prove my uniqueness by doing all of the things which set me apart. This has gotten tiresome, however, as I truly am a happy princess and would rather relax than cry. That is well, since I am sure I will, eventually, nevermore be compared with Ellie. Once my individuality is formed, I know that I will no longer be forced to wear her old clothes out of which she has grown nor our parents' attentions, nor I will never have to face the horrors of sharing a room, toys, clothes we are both still wearing, the television, princes, the limelight, food, a carriage, bedtimes, friends, jewelry, nor anything else. Sharing a kingdom will be enough of a challenge!




No comments:

Post a Comment