Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Two Princesses - Ellie

A new princess has entered our castle. She is known as both "Baby Sister" and "Ada". I am confused, as I believed Baby Sister to have set up a permanent residence inside of Mommy's belly, but I must admit that I enjoy these new arrangements more. I still know not, though, how she escaped from inside of Mommy.

"If that's Baby Sister, and Baby Sister used to be in...oh goodness..."

I awoke one morning to discover that both parental units were missing. I minded the change but a little, as it afforded me ample time with GrandServants and my Auntie and Uncle. The latter two had come for a visit, and I had soaked up the attention.


Eventually, we did all go to visit Mommy and Daddy in a place called a hospital. At first, I was unsure what Mommy was holding. "Perhaps she got a new dolly," I thought. Thankfully, Daddy explained it all to me very succinctly. "Mommy, Daddy, Ellie, Ada."


I did keep my distance from Mommy, however, as I was unsure whether she would want me to fill Ada's vacancy.

"Please, Mommy's belly, do not consume me!"

Since then, all of us have come home, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the four of us together. Ada cries often, and I worry quite a bit for her welfare.

"Would a cracker improve your mood?"

I am quick to grab items and bring them to Ada when Mommy and Daddy say that said items will help Ada. I wish I could do more to help, but Mommy and Daddy have said that I must keep my distance due to a particularly inconvenient cough I have acquired in the last few days. People who have visited have said Ada either looks like Mommy, Daddy, or me, but I do not see the resemblance.

Ada, Daddy, Mommy, Ellie

 I love our new addition to the family.

"I shall teach you all that you must know to be a Benevolent Monarch. Lesson One: Filing Verbal Complaints..."

No comments:

Post a Comment