Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Easter Egg Hunts - Ellie

The most interesting part of Easter was, by far, the many Easter egg hunts. These were not eggs that could be eaten...


...but they did often have some wonderful candy inside. I especially appreciated the chocolate candy.

There was a time that I was often wandering around the house and, once, around a yard looking for these oblong spheres of delight.


Occasionally I needed some extra assistance, but I was never too proud to accept the help.


The worst part was having to wait to open the egg. I was expected to put the egg into a basket and not open it until all were collected. Sometimes the temptation was too great.




Sadly, not all of the eggs held candy. Some times they held useless silver circles that Daddy could spin. Other times, they held instructions for certain tasks that I should accomplish. The most deplorable action that would occur was when empty eggs were hidden for me to find "just for fun."



This was not fun, Mommy.

Not fun at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment