Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The World Revolves Around Me

Literally, the world does revolve around me. It used to be just an expression, and now it's true! Last week I realized that the world would tilt on its side when I was reaching for my toes. Toes? I forgot about those. I wonder where they are now... Anyway, now I love to make the world spin. Sadly, however, the world always malfunctions halfway through its rotation, and often gets stuck before it even reaches halfway. Somebody really needs to look into getting that fixed. In the meantime, I do like being able to be on my side, at least for a few moments, but I do not like it when the world stops rotating and I am stuck on my stomach. Why does it have to stop there? It's not so bad for sleeping, but it is bothersome, and somewhat demeaning, to have to ask for some assistance getting the world to tilt so I am back on my back. It is also scary to awake and find the world upside down. I'll admit, I do cry and tear up a little bit when that happens. But one of the best parts about this whole thing is that Mommy hates it! That's why I try not to make the world rotate unless it is the most inconvenient for her, just to scare her a little. For example, if she lays me on my blanket and tells me to make the world spin, I, of course, refuse to do so. Instead, I wait until I am being changed, the video camera is not on, or when I am in my crib. This doctor my parents insist on taking me to see, along with others as well, claim that sleeping on my tummy is bad for me. So my Mommy make sure to lie me on my back in my crib. I watch her leave the room, smiling at her all the way, and then flip goes the world! She must feel ridiculous coming back into the room, walking on the wall, and finding me on my side or back. She always make the world spin back and then I just flip it back over. Silly Mommy, someday she will learn that I have all of the power.

No comments:

Post a Comment