Thursday, August 28, 2014

8 Weeks

Today four people visited and stayed all day. I think they're some sort of traveling band of performers called "The Grandparents." At first their visit was disconcerting (I even cried when the ones who call themselves "Little" arrived. Everyone thought I was hungry, so Grandma Little fed me, which helped me warm up to her fairly quickly. I'm littler than they are, so I wonder if their stage names are meant to be ironic.) but I'm starting to like all of them now. They feed me and hold me and change me, so they're almost like another set of servants. I especially like it when they perform their act for me: they get up in my face, one by one, and talk in funny voices. Sometimes I would just stare, but when I realized tehy must be some sort of comedic troupe I started smiling and laughing and talking back, giving them suggestions for their routine or complimenting it, but I did occasionally heckle. They were good sports thought, because they would also sit back and watch as I did my own tricks. I played the classic "Acid Lotion" routine where I would cry when the one with boobs called "Mommy" would rub lotion on me - or even just when she opened the bottle. I also demonstrated how coordinated I am by smacking the dangl toys and grabbing and kicking around the ducky with my feet during my bathing time (although I find it odd that they watched me bathe). The ywere also thrilled by the fact that I sleep 8 hours now during the night. And I think they liked best how I can sit up in one of my thrones which they unceremoniously call a "Bumbo." All in a day's work. I'm so cool and popular. Apparently these "Grandparents" have visited my presence before, but I don't remember. Maybe it was once when I had gotten really drunk on milk.

Love,
Princess Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment