Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Trick-or-Treating, or, Simply, "Tweat!"

After many preliminary events leading to Halloween, we were finally able to do the very activity for which Sissy and I have prepared for months: candy solicitation. Sissy, Dada, Aunt Kay-Key, and I went from one residence to another, asking for candy. Aunt Kay-Key did not dress up, which confused both Sissy and me, as we were led to believe by Mama and Dada that all were to wear costumes for this holiday. I, again, went as "Ba'Ma'!"


We did a test run at Gramma and Papa's house. I was led to believe on this experience that presents would be presented at each house, and that all those providing candy would give hugs and pose for pictures. Thankfully, this was not the case. 


When we first started on the actual trick-or-treating, we were given the suggestion of trying a particular street. Dada carried me between the houses, but I was allowed to stand and ask for choc-cha on my own. Occasionally, I would even quietly mumble "tweat" and "dangkoo," but I, for the most part, allowed Sissy to do the talking for me. I did, however, always give a loud "Bye!" as I departed. I continued my previously mentioned strategy of holding out my bag when candy was proffered, but refused to go any closer to the provider than necessary. My favorite house had a mneow mneow. It was oddly shaped, however, was missing an eye, and made noises which, Dada later stated, was meant to terrify people, but to me it was a delightful mneow mneow. That house also allowed me to choose my own choc-cha. I could have stood there forever grabbing choc-cha from their bowl and putting it in my bag, but Dada eventually intervened. Most houses gave such little choc-cha that I cannot help but wonder if there are easier ways to get sweets. I am positive, however, that any other way would involve far fewer people commenting on how cute I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment