Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Disney on Ice

Dada, Sissy, Aunt Kay-Key, and I recently went to see Disney on Ice. It was a production of normally animated characters performing interpretive dances on a surface that never allowed them to stand still. We, of course, dressed up for the event.


While I had been to this even previously, I could not remember, and was uncertain what to expect besides cuddles. There were many cuddles, especially since Dada would not let me walk. We arrived early, and thus had to sit in our seats and listen to music. Sissy was certain that we had missed seeing Anna and Elsa, but thankfully they did arrive eventually, after she had asked many times about their whereabouts.


When the show did start, I was uncertain what was happening. People I had never before seen were dancing to music I had never before heard. Dada said this was because neither he nor Mama appreciated a song about diurnal shuffling. As I cannot shuffle without falling over, I see no purpose of doing daily. The people performing, however, were able to shuffle much better than I had ever seen before.



I saw many characters I knew from movies, including Belle. She and her prince (who had, for some reason, turned back into the Beast on this night) gave a brief reenactment of how they had fallen in love. I enjoyed the performance, even the part with the evil queen from Snow White, but I became fearful when Mickey began enchanting broomsticks.



From that moment on, I remained snuggled into Dada, even while nearly all of the princesses came out to dance with their princes. Rapunzel and Ariel danced in the sky, which did not make Dada happy. When we arrived at the intermission, Sissy's requests for popcorn could no longer be ignored. It was suggested that Dada leave me with Aunt Kay-Key, but I used tears to express my disinterest in that plan. I have nothing against Aunt Kay-Key, I was just comfortable and up past my bedtime. Dada got a drink and popcorn which, for some reason, came with an octopus hat.



After sitting through some more adventures snuggled into Dada, Anna and Elsa finally arrived. I stopped snuggling Dada and sat up for that part, so that I could pay better attention. Their performance was, of course, flawless. It was incredible to see Elsa use her powers in person.



The performance then concluded, and we went back home. It had been so warm in there, however, that the cold did not bother me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment