Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Lake

We recently visited what is called a lake. It is a vast outdoor bathtub with many people in it that is unclean and thus worthless for anything beyond swimming.

"Why do you force me to eat when I could be swimming in the lake?"

"How do I walk on this?"

"I know I look adorable, Daddy, but i honestly have no clue how to walk on this. Please help me."

You cannot see, but I am out there with Daddy. He took me far out there and even let me swim some by holding me with my tummy in the water and letting me splash the water with my feetsies. It was quite delightful.

Once I returned to the shore, I found that the true joy of the lake is the same as anywhere else: cleanup. I spent the rest of the time at the lake taking the messy sand and putting it back into the lake where it belongs.


Even when Mommy placed me on a blanket, I did my best to gather all of the sand I could so that I may later return it to the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment