Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Bunny in the Backyard

I have mentioned in the past how much I love to watch animals and relatives in our old backyard, but those are incomparable to my bunny friend in the backyard. We call him Peter. No toys, no show, no amount of climbing holds my attention as much as Peter. It matters not that he does nothing of terrible interest, besides eating the hazardous grass and occasionally hopping around. Even I am unsure of my interest in the bunny. Perhaps it's his fuzziness. Perhaps it's his hopping. I like to think that it is because he eats grass in a futile yet selfless attempt to rid our domain of its existence. That is one courageous bunny, doing all he can so that I no longer have to be forced to place my toesies upon that green atrocity known as a lawn. You keep hopping, little friend; you keep nibbling. May we all have the valor of that long-eared fuzzball.


No comments:

Post a Comment