Monday, June 26, 2017

Daddy Daughter Date: Wood Chips and Slides

Daddy recently took me on another Daddy Daughter Date. He transported me in his car, which was very confusing and unsettling. He had to climb into the back to put me in, and then left me in the car as he went around to a different seat so he could drive. Before he ever got to the other door, I had quite a supply of tears on my cheeks. It was just the beginning of a very disconcerting experience.


We went to a park. I had gone to a park earlier in the day and been unsettled by the whole expedition, so I was not terribly excited to return. This one was different, however, and so I gave it a try. Halfway out onto a bridge under which I could see the ground another girl's screams upset me so thoroughly that I finally took my father up on his offer to take me to the nearby lake. This was interesting, as I saw duckies, until my toesies touched the water, and I demanded to be returned to solid ground immediately. By solid ground, I did not mean the sand. Finally, we returned to the playground, and I was allowed to play in wood chips. Daddy tried to enter the wood chip area without wearing shoes, and as that seemed unsafe, I waited until he had placed them back on his feet before fully enjoying the experience.


Daddy kept suggesting other activities, but nothing could draw me away from this thrill except for a slide, and that only after Daddy mentioned it many times.


Even if I could count, I would have lost count of how many times I went down that slide. I made the mistake of leaving the slide just to be frightened by a few things before we left. Altogether, it was enjoyable Daddy Daughter Date!


No comments:

Post a Comment