Friday, March 3, 2017

Ornaments of Temptation

The most ridiculous of all Christmas traditions is that of decorating a plant within my own home with presents which I am forbidden to touch. A gate was even placed around the tree to attempt to prevent my curious hands from reaching these toys who, I am sure, would have loved to be more fully explored by my mouth. This did not deter me fully, however, as I would utilize the guise of wishing to be held to be placed within reach of all these trinkets of temptation. Even when presents (which I later learned to be toys I could gnaw upon wrapped in paper) were placed under the tree, I found these far less interesting than the already unwrapped toys just beyond my reach. I wished I had the height of My Dear Sister, who wasted her talent on attempting to turn on a toy that played music, instead of gnawing upon them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment