Friday, March 3, 2017

Christmas Toys

Christmas was a joyous season of my life, and I was sorry to see it go. Throughout it, there was much to enjoy. The greatest of all were the presents, most of which were presented all on the same day. These were toys that were presented to me wrapped in paper. As I have been strictly commanded not to eat paper, this seemed to be an insensitive joke - one in which I found little humor. I was continuously hassled to peel off the paper, and when I begrudgingly did so and, of course, put the piece of paper in my mouth, I was met with an uproar of disapproval. Both I and my parents lost interest in the attempts at that point. I did find the toys themselves interesting, however, if only for a brief period. I was expected to handle the inundation of stimulation without a second of hesitation. My Dear Sister found this easier to accomplish than myself, and I took the opportunity she afforded me by distracting our parents by her attempting to steal my presents to again engage in my favorite of all games: The Chase. I have slowly become accustomed to the fact that many of the toys in the Toy Room are now my own, although My Dear Sister has yet to grasp that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment