Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sadness - Ada

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

I know that I can be difficult to serve at times. I know that I file verbal complaints when nothing appears to be the matter. Sometimes, a princess is sad and cries when there is no external issue. I can tell that, while both of you nearly always maintain an external facade of genuine compassionate joy, there are times that an entire feeding cycle of filing verbal complaints, general contempt, or refusal to sleep causes you sadness. This is not my intention - I am simply telling you that something is wrong. Often, the thing that is wrong is an internal conflict over issues such as the economic state of my kingdom, the monarchical hierarchy, and how I can best avenge the ofttimes my dear sister has nearly suffocated me with an overzealous kiss.


 Someday I will be able to verbalize my feelings in your philistine language and we can discuss my melancholic disposition, but until that time, know that I do, legitimately, love you. I know that you do your best, and that I require much of you - but not more than I deserve. Until that aforementioned day when I can communicate all of this to you in a more effective manner, I will continue to provide as many giggles and smiles that I can muster, as that seems to maintain morale better than anything else.


With all the appreciation I can muster,
Princess Adelaide

Postscript: While I was very kind in this, remember who it is who tears the other one away from her food to drum her upon the back and then consider who has it worse in this relationship.

Post-Postscript: Love, as used here, represents an emotional state best conveyed by the phrase "I appreciate all that you do for me and trust you to continue functioning at optimal efficiency."

No comments:

Post a Comment