Friday, August 28, 2015

Northwest to Midwest, Part II: Tourism and Tantrums

The next morning we awoke to explore our destination. It was a most intriguing location for a vacation. We spent those days being led through many homes by people who did not live in these houses. The abodes were small and creaky and restricting. I was not allowed to wander and touch everything as I am wont to do while elderly individuals explained to me how the former residents lived their lives. I cannot help but assume that this is what is done with homes after people have evacuated the premises. Perhaps our previous castle is now being toured by endearing citizens. These excursions would hold my attention for some moments before I demanded a self-guided tour, which I was permitted to do in the gardens. This was preferable, despite the excessive heat which stuck to my skin whenever I exited a building. Here are photographs to accompany the rest of the sites we visited.

"We traveled all this way to see Jesus? You do realize that Jesus resides in many paintings at our castle?"

"It is quite a tall Jesus..."
  
"Now, if you would kindly look behind me, you will see a statue."

"YAY! Wait, this is not Doc McStuffins..."

We took many family photographs. Here we are on the premises of this grand palace.
   
I attempted to enter, but I am too young. Some day I will.

This is my preferred means of transportation. I will gladly acquiesce to visiting any location if it is through swinging.

There was a plethora of rocks that required sorting.

GrandMommyServant and I toured the grounds. I was not pleased when I discovered the tour was simply a ploy to elicit a nap out of me.
   
Another family photograph. Here we are in front of a jail. I am still confused as to why we toured a dungeon.

 I made the wise decision to issue a complaint so as to effectively vacate the premises as quickly as I was able.

GrandDaddyServant was kind enough to walk with me.

We later visited horsies. Daddy showed me how to pet them.

I had to learn how to be gentle. It is a hard concept.

The horsies' manes were much coarser than my horsie's.

"HORSIES!"

"Why are we not riding on the horsies?"

Thankfully, I did thoroughly enjoy being upon GrandDaddyServant's lap.

Later, we revisited the building in which the Tall Jesus resided. When asked where one might find Jesus, I directed Daddy there immediately.

Here I am, exploring a building in my preferred manner.

"Is it not exceedingly wondrous, GrandDaddyServant, that I rule over all of this?"

"This chalk is quite unnecessary. I prefer erasing."

"I do not appreciate the feel of this rope, no matter its historical value."

The flight home was uneventful, although far too late. Once again, I slept wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment