Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Northwest to Midwest, Part I: Planes, Twains, and Automobiles

I recently found myself restrained once more in the confines of a plane. This time was different, however, as I have now discovered the true purpose of a plane. Dearest citizens, I am ashamed for all the ill I have communicated regarding this planes, as I now know them to be wondrous means of transportation which lift me from the ground and keep me in awe for quite a long moment. Then it was the duty of Mommy and a GrandMommyServant to maintain a high entertainment value for the exceedingly lengthy flight. They did fairly well, so I graced them with a quick nap. Once landed, I played in the pool, ate some food, and refused to sleep until long after Mommy and Daddy would have preferred, as I insisted to explore thoroughly the room in which we slept. We rode in a carriage for most of the next day. All present marveled at my willingness to do so, forgetting that planes require snuggling while carriages allow me some physical space. We visited many sites. The first was a temple.

Daddy requested that I mention that this photograph is not edited. Why he wanted to share a lower quality photograph on my fine diary baffles me.

I did not attempt to enter, despite what falsehoods this photograph may be attempting to portray.

I did, however, enjoy the provided splash pad. By enjoy, I mean to say that I touched the water, but did no more.

We then reentered the carriage and traveled through a very delightful nap to a new locale. Here we took a photograph with a statue commemorating a mustachioed individual by the name of Mark Twain.


Daddy had apparently visited this location previously, as he assumed the role of navigator throughout this and the next village.


In fact, there were many sites dedicated to the memory of this man, all more droll than the last. Here was a fence with a bucket and brushes to paint a fence. There was no paint, and thus it was never painted. It was enough to hold my attention for a few moments, but I failed to grasp its significance. 

If only there had been something to explain this odd endeavor.

I was sure to utilize this opportunity to wander about to its fullest.



Then, when we were nice and hungry, I was fed, though not at the rate I would have preferred.


We then visited another municipality, although Daddy wasted the visit photographing objects instead of me, so there are no more photographs worthy of this diary. We arrived in our temporary living quarters that evening and I slept wonderfully.

I love traveling, as I am always amazed by how large of a kingdom I rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment