Thursday, October 26, 2017

Preparing for Halloween

Halloween is coming. I do not recall the meaning of Halloween, although I am told that I have celebrated it previously. Luckily, Ella and Mama have read me many books to prepare me. I will teach you what I have learned.

Halloween is a night that requires a considerable amount of preparation. Witches (which are just girls with pointy hats and plenty of sparkles) and mneow mneows throw parties on Halloween night, which requires a considerable amount of preparation and cleaning. Baby mneow mneows are not very helpful in the preparations, and their parents do not believe in punishment. Pumpkins miraculously gain faces and join up in groups of five to sit on fences and have seances. An itsy bitsy one inevitably gets lost, but finds its Mama and Dada in the end. Everyone dresses up, and siblings do their best to frighten one another. There is a considerable amount of candy to be exchanged. None of this makes any sense to chickens, no matter how many times the piggy dressed up like a chicken tries to explain it to them. Somehow, none of this happens during the daytime. It all ends when the aforementioned personified pumpkins roll out of sight.

Dada also showed me a movie about Curious George the Ah-Ah and a scarecrow without a head, but that was much to frightening to be any help in explaining what I can expect from the celebrations. I do know, however, that I will be Batgirl for Halloween. It took extensive instruction to learn the difference between Batman and Batgirl, but I am now able to say both words.


No comments:

Post a Comment