Friday, April 28, 2017

New House Part I: Disapproval

I did not like our new house at first. Yes, there was much to see that was new (even though, I admit, I had seen this house on occasions previous to the move) but that was what I did not like. The new nighttime routine is a prime example of my distaste. When my parents first placed me in bed, I screamed quite mightily. Yes, it was my bed, but it was a new place that was not my place to sleep. Mommy retrieved me fairly quickly, and I insisted to go back to the old house. She did not understand, so I insisted instead that I at least be taken to the living room to watch some television and snuggle. Again, Mommy refused, stating that there was no reason to go downstairs, and that their bedroom was where they watched television and snuggled. I did not approve of this change of events. Eventually, however, I fell asleep in Mommy's arms after hours. It took a week or so, but I finally was able to fall asleep by myself in my bed at my usual time.

"Why did we have to move?"

No comments:

Post a Comment